Monday, March 10, 2014

Old Soul, Bold Choices


Not so long ago, I wouldn't have considered pairing a pink-and-brown patterned coat with black-and-white snakeskin flats. The fearful, insecure me would have balked at such a long coat and the masculine shoe shape. (In fact, I had second thoughts when I was about to get each.) But life in a new city tends to make one see things in a whole new light. It has allowed me to be braver, bolder, stronger, more curious, and more daring.

Sometimes, I still appreciate receiving someone's approval of the choices I make. And yes, it feels wonderful when strangers come up and compliment me on my coat or shoes (I am surprised every time!) Whenever I am given to insecurity, God reminds me to fix my thoughts on Him, not on anyone else's. 1 Corinthians 10:5 says "we demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."


With this, I look forward to exploring more options -- not just with clothes but with my way of thinking and pursuing life!

Sweater dress from H&M. Hooded sweater from Express. Miu Miu vintage coat. Snakeskin flats from Dolce Vita.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...