Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Bensimon Manila, With Love From Paris

I'm not the usual sneaker type of person. I've been thinking of getting new ones, but I'm very picky with which ones to get because I still wanted to look more Parisian laid-back chic and less skater boy. So on the day French sneaker brand Bensimon invited a couple of stylists and bloggers over for its launch, I got excited about getting a new pair and thought I'd wear something youthful (what's more young-at-heart than a crop top?) and feminine (what's more girly than a voluminous skirt?) just to make sure I won't look like Avril Lavigne during her Skater Boi days*.




Gone are the days when sneakers are often categorized with grunge and roughness as Bensimon steps into the streets of Manila. Thank goodness for these simple, perfectly imperfect pair of sneakers!


Bensimon comes in an array of styles, colors, and prints for men, women, and even children! I'd be hard-pressed not to find one that doesn't match anything in my closet.


While we were checking out the different colors and styles, everyone got so excited to wear his/her sneakers, that one of us even had a mismatched pair on! Hihi.


Aisa, who's standing beside me in the above photo, received these adorable mint green slip-ons. So cute!


Bensimon staff Aldo explains the central vision of founders Serge and Yves Bensimon, which is a lifestyle "where color, elegance, and the job of living are intertwined... always." The brand is brought in by Terry S.A., the same company that brought Havaianas, David and Goliath, Dupe, and Pirinho here in Manila.


Bloggers hard at work, capturing every moment


On a more practical note, Bennies are so flexible and comfortable (unlike my other slim-soled sneaker that pinches my toes). You can even throw it inside your washer using a mild detergent and leave it out to air dry.


Hey, when it's comfortable and low maintenance, I'm definitely taking my pair to New York! ;)


Bensimon sneakers are available at Rustans, Center of Gravity, Shoe Salon, and Shoe Thing (kids styles only.) For more information, like Bensimon on Facebook, and follow them on Instagram and Twitter.

I'm wearing... Finish Line crop top and Born to Bloom skirt, both from Pink Manila. Chain necklace, gifted. Bag, from Korea. Bensimon sneakers.

----------
* Not that I have anything against Avril Levigne -- I had that punk rebellious phase too -- it's just, I'd like to grow out of it please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...