Thursday, September 26, 2013

Sewing Classes

I have always enjoyed sewing class, whether it was by hand during Grade 4, doing running stitches and perfecting hem stitches, or in high school, on the slow-yet-relaxing old-fashioned pedal sewing machine. So after a decade or so since piecing together a garment project (no, spontaneous alterations behind the catwalk or at the TV studio don't count,) I finally signed up for sewing classes at FIP*.


Last Tuesday, as I bit on my tongue for three hours practicing stitches on line-covered paper, I marveled at how far God has brought me out of my comfort zone. Here I am, aged 29, starting from scratch yet again! And I am thankful that He gives me courage and the excitement every day to do things that push me to do new things, to learn, even though I sometimes feel (and undoubtedly look) a little foolish. He is my greatest encourager!

This is my command --
be strong and courageous!
Do not be afraid or discouraged.
For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
Joshua 1:9

I am also grateful for the way He made me -- a planner. So while I do not have a clear vision of where He is taking me, I do plan for the short-term: I mark my calendar for the days I can spend in sewing class, being productive while I patiently -- and actively! -- wait for further direction from my Boss ;)

How has God been faithful in your life? I'd like to know! :)

----------
*Fashion Institute of the Philippines has a branch in Ortigas at Unit 1603, One San Miguel Bldg., San Miguel Ave. cor. Shaw Boulevard, Mandaluyong City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...