Friday, September 20, 2013

Collection I Love: Fendi Spring/Summer 2014

What comes to your mind when you hear layers and fur? It sounds a lot like winter, right?

I thought so too. Until I saw Fendi's collection for Spring/Summer 2014. This beautiful sheer coat with geometric panels beautifully reveals the geometric blouse and skirt underneath. Believe me when I say I drooled over it.


But wait, there's more!

It may sound like a strange concept, but fur crept across fingers...


Do you see the top that's made of very short hairs? The designers made this spring/summer friendly with geometric cut-outs and a diaphanous back panel. I love how the skirt's hem shows off one's legs. Time to tone my thighs and calves! ;p


The magic of the collection lies in its lightness, considering all the layers that are involved. Karl Lagerfeld and Silvia Venturini Fendi played with fabrics so sheer, I felt like this dress was made of thin, crisp sheets of colored ice. So delicious!


Makeup artist Peter Philips created an almost-bare face with pink and coral lips, a juxtaposition to the futuristic collection. Ombre swatches of fur adorn handbags as well.


And finally, one of my favorite pieces is this fiery dress with a mesh-and-panel overlay. There's a lot of visual movement, eye candy (the shoes!!!) I think I'm getting wayyyy too excited for a Friday morning.


What do you think of this collection? Do you like, love, or hate it?

All photos from Style.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...