Thursday, August 22, 2013

Yes! Magazine's 100 Most Beautiful 2013 -- BTS with Dennis Trillo and Diana Zubiri

I had so much fun styling for Dennis Trillo and Diana Zubiri last month, the last two shoots produced by Irene Mislang and art directed by Noel Azcueta for the Yes! special feature just a few days before it went to press. Talk about cutting it close ;)



The special feature is fronted by Kathryn Bernardo and Julia Montes. I can't say I'm surprised as these two's careers have been steadily rising this year.


Since the feature is out, I can now post what went on behind the scenes. Sidney and I were a little disappointed to see that the photos of everyone we styled for the feature were cropped close, only to reveal the face or at most, the chest up. I thought it'd be nice to show the full outfits here :)


Since Dennis' shoot started a little after lunch, he had to brave the scorching midday heat. Part of the joy I get at work is working with the art director, planning outfits to go with each lay-out, and watching an aesthetic come to life. *kilig moment* I love how this beautiful-yet-distressed daffodil wall complemented a serious mood and a dark business jacket.


We had a few hours before Diana arrived so the team just lounged around in Wesley's office. We read and I taught Mike how to sew on a button. Productive hours spent!

For Diana, we chose figure-hugging dresses in saturated colors to bring out her natural beauty. While doing test shots, Wesley captured us changing accessories -- those are my scrawny hands right there -- to what we think was a better look.



Earrings and bangle traded in for an encrusted necklace and cocktail ring. What do you think?


I take behind-the-scenes photos like these to remind myself that it takes a village to produce a good photo. There is a make-up artist, hair stylist, fashion stylist, photographer, producer, art director, editor, lighting staff, etc.


If you can look this great without help from anyone, please do share me your secret! ;)


At last, the day -- and series of shoots for this feature -- wraps up with a group photo. I'm so happy how it turned out!


What makes a person beautiful? I am reminded by 1 Samuel 16:7 "The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."

----------
Photo credits:
Art direction Noel Azcueta
Shoot production Irene Mislang
Photographed by Wesley Villarica
Styled by Sidney Yap, assisted by Jill Lao and Mike Sy
Dennis' grooming by Fennie Mirhan Tan
Diana's hair & make-up by Lowell Buenaventura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...