Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Marjorie Barretto on Smart Parenting July 2013 Cover

I am loving the aquas, blues, and violets on this cover. Last month, we shot Marjorie Barretto, her lovely daughter Claudia (also called Clau-ee), and her exceptionally witty son Leon for the July cover of Smart Parenting.


There is a funny story behind this cover photo and several others throughout the shoot...

Leon, the youngest of Ms. Marjorie's children, is probably the most hilarious kid I have ever met. When the editor was arranging the family's seating for the cover, she asked him to sit on the pillow at his mother's feet. He quipped in a non-complaining way, "Why am I sitting here; I feel like the family dog!" We couldn't stop laughing the entire afternoon! Leon isn't the family dog, but we certainly knew who was the family comedian ;)


The hilarity began when we asked him to change into his first outfit. As we were given his age, and not his clothing size, we picked out clothes according to the former. And so he emerged in the t-shirt I handed him, commenting "This shirt feels a little tight. I think I look fat in it!"It took me awhile to regain my breath after laughing and gather my wits because I was completely mortified.


I started praying because everything we pulled out for Leon was in the same size and we didn't have any other options. Thankfully, he brought a few of his own shirts and an even greater blessing was that everything -- as in everything -- matched the color story we were going for. God is so, so good that He delights me in things like fashion emergencies!


Thankfully, the rest of the shoot progressed with no major hiccup, lots of witty quips, and friendly banter.


Well one lesson I learned that day is that when a shoot involves children, always, always ask and ask again regarding their sizes. Even when we're sure, allow a few options to run a size up or down. Then again, it doesn't hurt to have a good-humored talent and an awesome God who answers prayers... even before I ask! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...