Thursday, July 25, 2013

G2000 Grand Launch in Manila, Opens at Shangri-La East Wing

It's not everyday I can attend a brand or store launch as a guest. Usually, Sidney and I are working backstage for the fashion show or tied up at another shoot and have to skip the launch altogether. So when Robinsons Specialty Stores told me about the G2000 launch that was held last Tuesday, I was happy to tell our contact I could make it! :)

Back when I was in the corporate world, I wouldn't skip a visit to G2000 whenever my family and I went to Hong Kong. I would be mesmerized by the well-cut blazers, vibrant cardigans, and crisp dress shirts that I ended up buying more than what was on my shopping list. I like the brand because it is well-made and a fraction of the price of European brands Mango and Zara, where I also shop.

Photo from Inside Retail Asia
Fast forward to five years since I stepped in a G2000 store and it's now on Manila shores, thanks to Robinsons Specialty Stores. Founded in 1980 by Michael Tien, G2000 now operates about 700 stores worldwide. With Hong Kong so near us, it's about time it came here, don't you think?? ;)



The store looks very bright and inviting compared to the last time I stepped in one of their Hong Kong shops. When it started out as a brand of business clothing, I remembered it to be more serious in cool gray, blue, or black tones. Now that it has expanded to include relaxed-yet-still-tailored pieces you can wear on Casual Friday or during the weekend, the store now goes beyond the limits of corporate wear and espouses a certain put-together lifestyle.


I'm often on the look-out for interesting formats of visual merchandising, and I was pleased to see how G2000 did it so well. In the men's section, the staff placed business shirts in various colors all lined up within arm's reach, a half-mannequin to show off how well their shirt and suit fit, another set hung from a hanger facing the customer, and folded shirt-and-tie combinations on shelves to create aesthetic appeal. Sidenote: this same business shirt has been in production for over 15 years and comes out in 16 colors every year; I'm impressed! They also slipped in decor like framed sayings and faux plants to keep the area friendly and not-so-seriously-business.


The women's section was visually pleasing as well, with mannequins in different poses on several vertical levels. Light-colored racks and white walls made the store feel easy and breezy to browse through.


Here, host Edric Mendoza showcases eight looks worn by the models, both for business and tailored weekend, here standing with Mr. Michael Tien.


I'm so blessed I found a friendly face in the crowd. Here with fellow stylist and blogger Aisa Ipac and her friend Tracy Ayson. Go ahead and check their blogs!


Whether informal or corporate wear, if you're looking for something tailored, sleek, and stylish, head on over to the G2000 flagship store, located on the 4th Level, East Wing of the Shangri-La Plaza mall. Enjoy! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...