Thursday, June 13, 2013

Color My Rainy Day

If you've been hiding under a rock, it may be time to let you know that the rainy season has started for the year! Which means, it's also the time to talk about rain gear.

A few weeks ago, I had the privilege of talking about Ready for Rain on TV5's Good Morning Club, which airs 5:00-8:00 AM on Mondays to Fridays. I guested with other business owners of rain-ready products, one, a distributor of umbrellas, and another a maker of hoodie bags. I observed that the time we set up looks more convincing for a rainy day story than the actual time we did our interview, but more on that later.



For the segment, the producer had students of varying ages model for the show. From Ready for Rain, the models wear the blue and maroon raincoats for adult women (back row). The kids don cartoon rain coats and the Stripey Berry boot, which never goes out of style.


Ready for Rain's gear includes boots with personality, cute booties, rubber sleeves (for men's shoes), hand-painted umbrellas, and a new line of raincoats for adult women.


It's funny that every year I get to do this appearance, we air our segment during a sunny, humid morning. Haha.


Hosts Grace Lee and Ms. Tintin Bersola-Babao regale the audience with funny stories before introducing the segment.


I was so nervous that I stammered several times during my live interview. Personally, one reason I agree to do this is to push myself to improve my speaking skills and step out of my very cushy comfort zone! Although now, I'm actually considering attending classes on public speaking ;p

On a related note, it's not too late to inject color into your wardrobe. Are you a safe dresser? If yes, just make the rain an excuse to dress up! So, what are you waiting for? Head on over to their online store and stay dry this season :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...