Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Levi's Accessories S/S 2013

Styling for a well-known brand such as Levi's (even if "only" for the accessories line) is a big responsibility, and I'm very grateful to my friend James for trusting me with the task. Our photographer and dear friend Bliss also gave me a lot of encouragement. These ads were shot two months ago at a friend's lumber yard, with this one as my favorite:


A few weeks before this shoot, my mind was filled with worries on whether I'd ever have my own styling projects, on what my career path would be, on what I'd be doing for the rest of the year and the next five years. Talk about a worrywart! When God assures me with His promise "I have plans for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future" in Jeremiah 29:11, He doesn't give me a timeline. There is no five-year plan, actionable items, and goals. I simply need to trust Him and His timing. Of course I have to do my part too! But I'm not going to worry about every little detail of my life.

Because I know God led me to this occupation, I resolved to let go of my anxious thoughts and busied myself with work. Then one day, out of the blue, Bliss asked me if I were free to do a shoot with Levi's accessories. Of course I said yes!

Lamentations 3:22-23 says, "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. His mercies are new every morning; great is His faithfulness." Thank you, Lord, for this opportunity. I was glad to finally be able to work with Bliss, whom I first met at choir practice a few years back and shared crazy antics with ;)

On location, I spotted the gasoline pumps and thought how cute it would be to have one lay-out here.


Of course, this didn't escape Bliss' sharp eye. Doesn't this look so All-American? Hihi.



Who doesn't want to look this cool while hanging out on a tractor? Yes, complete with fur vest I borrowed from Sidney. Haha!


Bliss taking a close-up shot of the product. "Point your toes! Sexy legs!"


Meanwhile, Aries, our hairstylist kept busy on his phone.


In between lay-outs, models Mike and Cam took photos of each other for Instagram and Facebook... ;p


Aaaand, our last lay-out for the day, which had us all sweltering in the humid weather...


How's this for focus on the product? ;)


I found it more challenging to style a shoot by myself now compared to a year ago, when I didn't have a lot of experience. Isn't that strange? After the shoot, I kept on looking over the lay-outs and found something to improve on. Next time, I will be better.

My own projects may be few and far between, but I'm so grateful for every day that I'm learning, breathing -- and best of all -- enjoying where God placed me and where He is leading me, step by step. Again, I need to remind myself that He doesn't reveal His entire plan, but He does provide a guide and some clues every now and then through the Bible. Psalm 119:105 "Your word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."

Now what fun would it be (for me and for God) if I didn't have to figure it out? ;)

Levi's accessories are available at Levi's outlets and leading department stores nationwide.

Photos with Levi logo shot by Bliss Mabini. All other photos taken by me.
----------
Photo Credits:
Photography: Bliss Mabini
Styling: Jill Lao
Make-up: Lindsay Co-Alog
Hair: Aries Manal
Models Mike Yap and Camille Mananquil

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...