Monday, July 16, 2012

Crisp and Fresh: What do you do after a long flight?

In my previous post, I showed how I survive a long flight with comfortable clothes and a trusty scarf that I can wear several ways. How do you keep fresh after the trip when you don't have time to drop by the hotel before starting off your itinerary upon arrival?

If you're like me, you'd probably brush your teeth and wash your face. I made sure I did, especially as I seem to eat every two or three hours; I even woke up in near-darkness on the plane just because I smelled instant noodles cooking. Haha! I also pulled my hair back to keep my scalp from getting too oily.

BUT if you're a forward-thinking genius Gigi, you would've already packed a second set of clothes (and accessories!!!) to a) smell freshly-showered, compared to your 180 other companions on tour. Hehe. b) adapt to the new climate, and c) look great in photos.


Good job, Gigi! Unfortunately, I didn't get to take a photo of her travel clothes. She simply surprised everyone when she suddenly appeared at the baggage carousel all fresh, pretty, and perky in her new outfit :)


Gigi put on large gold hoops...


... and a colorful stack of bangles to go with the rest of her outfit in muted colors.


Welcome to Egypt!


It was a beautifully clear and sunny day and we praised God for our safe arrival and uneventful trip.





Did you know... that "MISR" pertains to anything or anyone Egyptian?


Our first day was spent in the National Egyptian Museum, and since we couldn't take photos inside, this is the only shot I have of it, outdoors. Looks slightly palatial, no? There's a lot of security, given the priceless artifacts housed inside.


And finally, after our buzzed, jetlagged brains refused to take in any more information... we finally headed to our hotel, where our room beheld this magnificent view:


It's so surreal to see the ancient pyramids -- now the ONLY surviving ancient wonders of the world -- standing in front of our window. It was, I admit, as equally or more awaited than our shower ;)

P.S. How do you survive a long flight? Please feel free to leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...