Monday, May 28, 2012

Summer Hearts

Summer has come and is apparently on its way out as the rainy season sets in. Thankfully, it was still sunny and breezy a week ago as I went about with a some errands and meet-ups.

I fell in love with this dress the moment I saw this in H&M Dubai. I was adamant not to go mall shopping in Dubai -- especially in those stores that I'd find in Manila or Hong Kong -- but my friends and I had half a day free and my knees weakened at the sight of the store. H&M is my Achilles heel, so there goes my resolve! :(



I layered my periwinkle dress with a light knit cardigan, which transitioned well between outdoor weather and in-mall air conditioning.



lace trim and crochet details on sleeve
Unlike some other spontaneous purchases I've had in the past, I think this dress is a good buy. The first thing that got to me was the adorable-yet-discreet heart print that kept it youthful but not childish. From afar, doesn't it look like an ordinary spot print? An instant classic! Hihi. This is my Why-Must-Buy #1.


Why-Must-Buy #2 is while my other shapeless or A-line summer dresses hang loosely on me, this one was tailored with darts and button-down details, which made it fit well against shapeless columns like me. The yoke (that v-shaped thing down the waist) brought attention to my hips, a part of my body that I want widened, and the shirring added volume to where curves should be :)


Now, Why-Must-Buy #3 is also my favorite -- this dress had deep pockets, not those pretending-to-be-pockets-but-too-small-or-flimsy-to-hold-anything pockets. Yes, when I really like something, I can make up countless reasons why I "need" it ;p

My accessories that day included my trusty black watch and a dainty cross I bought in Bethlehem...


...curled hair... If you're wondering why my hair is curly, I got ambushed by a sales personnel in SM Department store while looking for a gift for my friend. He offered me a free curling session and as soon as my butt hit the seat, he proceeded to his sales pitch while working magic on my hair. Yikes. I didn't buy the ceramic flat/curl iron because I had a metal curling iron I never used in four years. This one worked wonders though! My curls lasted a good twelve hours and I'm sure they would have lasted longer if only my curiosity overcame my need for a shower ;p

...and strappy sandals from Parisian. These are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn! Yes, even more comfortable than my Converse sneakers :) I can dance, run, and hop in these heels -- I've proven it! ;)


So. Can this pass for an Alice in Wonderland peg? Or is it more of Lost in the Woods? Haha!


I hope you're having a lovely Monday! Have a blessed week ahead!

H&M dress. Thrifted cardigan. Parisian sandals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...