Thursday, March 8, 2012

I've Got Sunshine

It's been gloriously sunny the past couple of days, reminding me that summer's coming. Yay! Beach days, golden (or in my case, ash brown) tans, and less traffic given that school's out! Yes, students, we working people celebrate with you too ;)


There are indeed many reasons to celebrate the sunshine, but aside from wearing summer-worthy clothing, my favorite one is this...


It tells me I have a glorious God who sent the Brightest Light Jesus into this world of darkness, a light so bright it's more blinding than the sun. I cannot even begin to comprehend His power, His majesty, His might... And so He gave me the sun instead -- to be awed, to be humbled, and to remind me to depend on Him.


John 8:12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said,
"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness,
but will have the light of life."


I love living in my sunshine-y city. Don't you? :)

Blouse from Shanghai. Skirt from SSI employee sale. Nine West pumps. Vintage necklaces, mom's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...