Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Camel, My New Black!

I thought it'd be nice to have a different backdrop for a change. This is one of my favorite looks, primarily because a last-minute decision made the bigger impact.


The night before, I had already planned to pair this necklace with this camel dress, but it was only when I decided on a complementary-yet-just-as-vibrant cardigan that everything clicked. On hindsight, I should have taken a photo with the dress alone just so we can see how drab it looks...


The result of the three main pieces I'm wearing is quite remarkable, considering the dress by itself is classic bordering on bo-ring. But for the resourceful person, it would be a great canvas for all my accessories and closet inhabitants. Case in point: I livened it up with a new silver-and-aqua necklace and an old tangerine cardigan.


The first detail that drew me into the dress is the inverted box pleat at the neckline, which I think makes the conservative opening less frigid and more stylish ;)


The other detail that made me go wild eyes was this peplum skirt which covered a symmetric set of pleats. Not one but two details to add volume to slim hips! For a definition of peplum: a short overskirt or a flared ruffle attached to the waist of a blouse, jacket, or dress.


Ta-da! Did the details achieve the illusion of a fuller figure? Haha. The shallow problems of an underweight girl!


Now that I've discovered it, the LCD -- little camel dress -- is just as ubiquitous as the LBD or little black dress. Time to go match it with other items! :)

What about you? What's your favorite "classic" that you love wearing over and over again?

Viz-a-viz dress. Portmans cardigan. Necklace from bazaar. Peep-toe heels from Nine West.

3 comments:

  1. pretty =) try a camel/ nude color investment heel too, it will really become your new black! :P hehe

    abbey
    thebeeinthekitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Abbey! I'm still searching for the perfect nude pump for mile-long legs! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Camel should be the new black for everybody : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...