Saturday, February 4, 2012

Starting Good Habits

Here's another on-the-go outfit for the week, meaning I had no time to decide what to wear because I was running late yet again! Dumdedum. These rushed mornings are not the picture of poise and grace that I want to be this year. A grunt and a huff and a shriek later, I'm out of the house and in the car.


Two weeks after cleaning my room and making sure I can find what I'm looking for because everything's in its proper place, I'm very pleased and quite proud to say that I was able to maintain this state of orderliness ever since. So it's time to start a NEW good habit! It's time to start getting enough sleep.

Despite having to literally run out of my room, I managed to grab these earrings on my way out and put them on while driving to work. Hooray for organization! I know most people have managed this habit since they were 4, but I'm still learning this habit of putting things away right away and I'm amazed how it can work wonders for my desk... and my sanity! ;)


Speaking of efforts paying off, I finally get to wear this green horse-hair belt high-waisted after having it adjusted last weekend. I really love accessories in general because they change one's entire look. And since I find it hard to work at my desk when piling on bangles, belts are one of my favorite fuss-free ways to brighten up the day. My poor belt post that's buckled from the weight one too many times can attest to that ;p


So about my new habit. This week, I've been making a concerted effort to get in bed earlier, starting by leaving my laptop in the car the other night instead of getting hooked on it until midnight. Then I leave my phone charging in the bathroom so I won't be tempted by that blinking red light staring at me like a beady eye. (BB people, you know what I'm talking about.)

January flew by too quickly to make some resolutions, but it's never too late to start making and breaking keeping them, right? ;) Finally, I've found some piece of time and I'm looking forward to doing my yearly planning today... at the beach, no less! Wheeee!

Happy weekend, everyone!

Valleygirl dress. Mango cardigan. Belt from Hong Kong. Vintage earrings, mom's. Heels from Nine West.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...