Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Refreshing

It's the middle of a busy, busy week and since I can't get away to my favorite place -- the beach -- here are some photos from two weekends ago (wow, time flies by so quickly!) that might help drain the work blues away :)


Honestly, nothing refreshes my eyes more than the endless horizon of the sea.


I had the blessing of agreeing to a spontaneous day trip to the beach with Esel and her good friend Paolo just a few days before. Esel observed that I'm pretty easy to pull along whenever the beach is concerned! Hihi.


And why not? To me, the beach is one of the most relaxing places I can just zone out and appreciate the wondrous works of God. Every grain of sand, every shell, every wave is His handiwork. Nothing was formed without accident. This astounding fact makes itself clear with my every visit to the seashore :)

I had a quiet day of reflection, writing letters, and a bit of nibbling here and there.

Later, on the way home, we stopped by to buy flowers to bring back to our loved ones in Manila. Aren't these orange roses just breathtaking??


I don't know what you call these, but they're lovely and last long too!


There were the traditional red roses...


An unusual but beautiful mix...


With all these bouquets around me, I felt like I had died and gone to heaven. I bought these for my room:


Between this and the beach, that Saturday was one of the most enjoyable days I've had in a long time.


Although these flowers barely lasted a week, it was a lovely reminder to be filled with joy and thanksgiving and to get out of bed every day.


Thank you so much for reading and I hope you are having a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...