Tuesday, February 28, 2012

2012, Year of Courage

I've been putting off some planning for the year -- I know, it's going to be March SOON! -- and it's high time I put my affairs in order.

To kick off the year, Esel suggested I have a theme to guide me. It's settled -- 2012 will be my Year of Courage. Courage to take risks, to leap into the unknown, to be adventurous in terms of traveling, dressing, and way of thinking. It also means I have to exert more effort in loving people that are not so likable; after all, it's a big risk to show care and concern to those who may end up trampling on my fragile heart. (Ouch.)

What do you think? Possible? Man says, "never in a million years would I ever..."



While God says YES! Only by His grace.

Unbeknownst to my finite mind, God already prepared me for this Year of Courage by assuring me of His faithfulness late last year with this verse:
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

I just remembered this verse when I was checking my list of to-dos for the year and was starting to get worried about what was and was not possible. How easily it is for me to forget God's blessings and be distracted by fear and doubt!

A review of these photos remind me of how God has been faithful to me year in year out.

Bohol, August 2010.


Boracay, December 2011.


Punta Fuego, February 2012.

Mt. Mayon, viewed from the sea, February 2012.

See a trend here? Yes, nature is one of the best ways God uses to quiet me and tell me to slow down and listen to Him. Through majestic mountains and vast seas, He reminds me how deep, how wide, how great His love is. Going back to the hustle and bustle of life in Manila is another story, but memories of these trips help remind me that I am not alone -- God has gone before me to prepare my way, He covers me with His protection, and lifts me up when I am weary.

I am truly blessed. This year is my year of courage. At His command :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...