Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Friends in Vintage

Had a quick meet-up with Jacqui the other day and I realized we were both wearing thrift store finds! I had forgotten all about Jacqui's gray electric-pleated skirt until she reminded me she bought it when we were shopping in thrift stores together some few years ago.


It's been at least four years since I started shopping in thrift stores (also called ukay-ukay) and since then, I have amassed and given away* a good deal of clothing. One dress that has survived my repeated closet purging is this geometric-print dress I also wore here. This time, I updated it with a black studded belt, which obviously isn't made to be worn high-waisted**, and kept slipping down throughout the day.


Of course, sensible Jacqui can't live without her watch and basic blacks -- a chic shell blouse...


...and pumps.


It's nice to see how these pieces, like our friendship, has changed yet remained constant all these years. It's been awhile since our last shopping trip, and I hope we can bond over another round soon! In thrift stores, of course ;)

On me: Dress, thrifted. Studded belt from Maple. Heels from VNC.

----------
* This is to keep my closet from imploding. Now that I think about it, I could've probably started my own ukay-ukay with all my clothes! Haha...
** I have to figure out a way to fix this. Unlike my other belts, I can't punch additional holes in because of the studs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...