Monday, January 9, 2012

Shoe Story: Run With Me

There's a misconception that girls can't run in heels. That's not true! People who say that probably have never tried these uber comfy, lightweight heels from Parisian that I first wore here.



Why is it so important for me to have this pair when I have racks of others? We-eeell, these ones are actually on my list, because they're tan sandals, a wardrobe staple. Major plus points because they allow me to get work done faster, easier, and in style. Like most other women who reason out the need for purchases, I can list dozens of reasons when I want "need" something... Especially now with this blog, I sometimes have the tendency to look for new pieces to feature.


I have to keep reminding myself that this blog started because of events orchestrated by none other than God, who gently chided me that I have plenty to wear. Indeed, beyond having a closet bursting at the seams, I am also very blessed to have a loving, tight-knit family, the most amazingly supportive and well-connected friends, the joy of helping others shop and pick out clothes and shoes (but of course!), and the opportunities that have been pouring into my life since late last year. All these would not be possible without God who planned in advance for everything to fall into its perfect time and place.



I was reminded yet again yesterday that in the midst of these blessings, I should seek to change, not to pursue personal happiness, but to yield myself to God’s ultimate plan and purpose for me and to go where He thinks it’s best.


"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize." 1 Corinthians 9:24

Here's to running in heels! ;p

Dress and bag from Hong Kong. Heels from Parisian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...