Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Rawr! Mixing Browns

You might be wondering by now, dear readers, who has been faithfully taking most of my outfit photos; it's my colleague Ivy. I hardly ever take snack breaks, so she spares a little time during lunch to efficiently take a few shots of my look of the day.

The first thing I asked her that morning was "is your blouse new?" It was! I'm a sucker for animal print, but I couldn't stop looking at this one because the hues were so vibrant, even from a distance. I loved her outfit so much that I asked for us to trade places for a day with me as photographer.


I'm usually wary of mixing different shades of brown and feel the need to match a brown piece with another in a similar shade. However, Ivy did it so well, not just with two, but three different shades of brown! Here, she expertly mixed a dominantly ochre blouse and a reddish brown woven belt.



Then she finished off the look with a black bangle and leopard print flats, this time in a darker black-brown.


I enjoy seeing other people experiment with their style as it gives me fresh ideas and reminds me to banish some of my ideas on fashion, such as mixing black and brown, and this time, mixing different shades of brown. I must try this combination of these days ;)

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...