Wednesday, January 25, 2012

It's a Jungle in Here, Chinese New Year Part 2

I'm so thankful to have been productive just before I headed out for a meeting on Chinese New Year. It was quite warm and sunny so I opted for a sleeveless dress that wasn't too casual. Well, I think it isn't, but then again, my ultimate dream is to wear shorts for work. Hihi.



I last wore this dress to the office as I posted here. This time, I accessorized with punchy accessories like this decade-old woven yellow belt, button bracelet, and orange satchel. And of course, my comfiest pair of heels ever.


I wasn't able to cross everything off my to-do list for the day, but I did manage two big priorities, and that's already a lot. I received surprisingly good news from my meeting, minutes after I cleaned on Chinese New Year -- a no-no for superstitious folk because it "sweeps out the good luck" -- proof that God is gracious and is not bounded by rituals and superstition. I'm now even more excited for the year ahead! I can't reveal what I'm up to right now, but I'll be glad to share it with you in the next few months.

I'll say it again -- 2012 is going to be an amazing year, and there's no amount of planning that will prepare me for God's surprises. Over and over again, He simply leaves me breathless and waiting in joyful expectation :)

Dress, thrifted. Belt from China. Bracelet, gifted. Bag from Hong Kong. Heels from Parisian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...