Sunday, January 29, 2012

Black, White, and Tan Surprise

Just doing a quick post today on what I wore last weekend. It was counter-intuitive for me to pair a black-and-white striped shirt with something other than a black cardigan, but I took the plunge and wore my tan jacket. I felt like cringing a bit as the day progressed; I know you can mix neutrals up, but it was the printed top that held me back. Oh well... whether a minor misstep or a major fashion faux pas, every decision leads to a lesson, right? Bonus points if you actually get things right :)


This military-inspired jacket has been with me for ages, specifically around 2003. I remember leaving school grounds during a long lunch break, going off to a Mango sale, and returning to class with mixed emotions*: part triumph about scoring my first nice jacket and part worry that I still paid too much for something I'd hardly wear in a humid country.


Well, almost a decade and multiple stains later, I can honestly say it has served me well. I brought it with me to Europe although it was barely warm enough for a European spring, and used it in many an air-conditioned hall**. After inspecting the jacket closely and seeing the not-so-nice history imprinted on it with no hope of rescue, I think it's about time to give it away.

Hmmm. Or maybe I'll wiggle another use out of it ;)

What about you? Do you have something in your closet you can't bear to part with?

Metallicus shirt. Jacket from Mango. Pants from Uniqlo. Flats from Jellybean.
----------
* Ahhh, the schizophrenic mind of a shopaholic. Haha!
** Flashbacks of long, torturous accounting tests -- at least I looked good while flunking the course! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...