While I'm enjoying the beaches of Boracay and the company of my family, I'll post something I wore last week.
This has got to be my favorite blouse of all time! I even broke a shopping rule when I spotted this, after I told myself no more sack dresses and blouses. Oopsies. No buyer's remorse for this baby, though!
How much I love it, let me count the ways...
1) It's sleeveless without showing my underarms*,
2) loose and airy without being boring,
3) pink without getting too saccharine, AND
4) I can play with this top in so many ways as I've worn it before here.
With the Christmas season getting much crazier than in previous years, I'm glad I have pieces like this blouse that can transition from day to night.
For day, I tied the blouse on the right, which is the loosest variation possible. It feels like I'm wearing air. Really.
Then I layered two simple necklaces, just to add some weight so I won't fly away with the wind ;p
My photographer for the day directed me to pose for this shot. I gamely did!
I had to go straight to another event in Makati after work, and it was so easy to transform my look with just two switches. For cocktails, I transferred the ties to the left side, making the blouse high-waisted and slightly more fitted. I changed my necklace into a chunkier one with pearls and gem stones.
I didn't have a chance to get a solo photo, but I think this one's priceless as I'm here with two of my best friends, Kellda and Esel :)
Ahhhhh, holiday madness. The homebody in me is screaming for some peace and quiet (and my bed) but I must admit, it also feels so nice to go out and see people, especially lovely ones ;)
Blouse from Hong Kong. Pants from Uniqlo. Pumps from Hong Kong. Gold necklaces from bazaar and H&M. Bib necklace from bazaar.
* I'm super insecure about them. I wonder why guys are obsessed with them! Then the TV ads nowadays for deodorants just fuel the obsession (guys') and the insecurity (mine) -- what with the models raising their arms to reveal glowing white underarms while a guy stares at them, mesmerized.