Monday, December 12, 2011

Connect the Dots

We had our company Christmas party last Friday, and I wanted to wear something a little festive without resorting to the contrived red-or-green theme.

Dots are a great way to liven up an outfit as they keep the eye roving. Then add a dash of red and you've got something that will liven up the party (in my case, it would usually be a slumber party. Hahaha.) I added a studded belt to play on the dots theme, and to add a rocker vibe to an otherwise traditional print.

 


I bought this girly blouse in Japan four years ago with my aunt and cousin. It ties back with a black grossgrain ribbon with white stitching. I love looking at details in my clothing. I appreciate a piece more when it's created thoughtfully, and this one is no exception. The sleeves fall just between the elbows and wrists, and it's loose/tight enough that I can push them up my arms without them falling down.


I completed the look with black skinny jeans (can't go wrong with them!), a black and silver necklace -- to complement my rocker belt -- and sweet patent peep-toe sling backs.

Blouse from Japan. Necklace from Hong Kong. Uniqlo jeans. Heels from VNC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...