Monday, November 28, 2011

Life's a Picnic

Okay, so I didn't really have a picnic, but this shirt kind of reminds me how I sometimes okay, most times forget to stress less and take a chill pill. The ease with which I put my outfit together was further reinforced by the Sunday message yesterday: taking control of one's worry.



I was completely blown away by the message because I admit it -- I'm a chronic worrier. And I also claim to have faith in a God who is bigger than my problems. But the fact that I've been losing sleep over worrying and thinking about worst-case scenarios of my life just show how faithless I've been.

I easily pulled on an olive green skirt, topped it with a long shirt for enough coverage, and cinched the shirt with a belt. Green + blue + brown is one of my more unusual color schemes, I must say...

And they all worked together right? No need to ever worry... about what to eat or drink or wear. These words hit me like a truck:

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?"
- Matthew 6:25


So, instead of worrying, what should I do? Pray. Trust in God that He will deliver everything in His perfect way, in His perfect time. Work my butt off. And enjoy :) It'll take me some time to unlearn the habit of worrying. But by God's grace, I know I'll find peace and my own piece in this world.

Have a blessed Monday!

Shirt from bazaar. Skirt from Forever21. Belt from bazaar. Adolfo Dominguez shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...