Friday, November 4, 2011

Easy Color

I have a lot of reasons to be upbeat, happy, joyful right now. Here are just three of them:
1) Work week started on a Wednesday! After a long weekend, there's certainly extra pressure on being productive, but I think I managed the week pretty well. Thank you, Lord, for helping me be so efficient!
2) After Saturday class, I spent a lovely two full days at the beach. There's nothing like doing nothing the sea to calm my nerves.
3) Work's been extra exciting* and there's really no time for me to sit still... as evidenced by my very wrinkly clothing**.



I literally hopped out of bed on Wednesday as I looked forward to the mountain-loads of work that lay ahead. It must be a combination of my friends' encouragement, my recently-started exercise classes, and my trip to the beach. Whatever it was, I'm very grateful and kept focusing on keeping myself positive and productive.

I wanted to keep my spirits high with a color block! (Also, I was still in a lazy haze from the weekend and wanted something easy to pull off.) Hmmmm... for some reason, this is making me crave for some halo-halo! You don't see it? No?



You might be surprised to know that my favorite part of this look is not any other than... my slight tan! Looking down my legs and seeing my brown-ish legs just make me so happy. I know, I'm weird that way.


What a great week! Just wanted to end with a very apt verse, Nehemiah 8:10: "The joy of the Lord is my strength." From now until the end of the year, it's full steam ahead!

Blouse from Hong Kong. Skirt from H&M. Patent pumps from Staccato. Necklace from Hong Kong.
----------
* Excitement will now replace "stress" from now on. I am so blessed to have friends who keep my spirits high and help me look at the positive side of things!
** Honestly, I often feel like an awkward, gangly teenager who keeps on bumping into things and moving about, though sometimes I do try to be a little more ladylike ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...