Thursday, November 24, 2011

Inspiration

Given that I've been down with a nasty cold the past couple of days and have been hibernating at home, I have no outfit posts to show... so I'll share something that inspires me, keeps me alive, reminds me that there's more to life than Excel spreadsheets and Mancom presentations and financial stability.


As you can see, most of my books are on fashion and style. These were roughly accumulated this year and the year 2009. Funnily enough, I was in a weird place last year and the only book I bought was... tan-tan-tadaaaaan....

...a GMAT review book.

I know! What was I thinking. And I did really throw myself into it too. I stayed home to study and review and take sample tests. I took color-coded notes on happy yellow index cards. Even after dinners out, I came home to study. I was such a NERD. I blame it on wanting to relive my college days -- sad right? ;p And after a serious two weeks of hermetic life and a good six months of on-and-off reviewing, I decided there was no point in fooling myself. I had such a difficult time studying for the GMAT and getting low grades on sample tests, it reminded me of the miserable time I had in Business Management - Honors when I'd spend seven days a week studying for Accounting tests I'd eventually fail.

To make a long story short, I got kicked out decided to shift out of my course, threw the rest of my free time into Glee Club, and spent two amazing summer trips abroad and meeting choirs from all around the world. Pretty good turn of events, I must say :) Of course, there was a lot of work involved, but the results of hard work when doing something you absolutely love and are good at (versus something you constantly have to drag yourself to do, akin to bashing one's head on a wall, I think)... it's just a phenomenal feeling no one can take away. 

So what did I get this year out of not applying for business school? Hmmm... let's see. A year of launching a new product (and failing) and losing a lot of money learning a lot of lessons along the way,  weekend dinners with my parents (the blessedness of being single!), out-of-town trips with friends, spontaneous closet sales, a styling assignment, shopping for friends who were actually headed to B-school, finding an all-girl D-group and sticking to it, and a lot of precious moments with my friends.

P.S. The above sentence is so totally wrong in construction due to the rule of parallelism. And so is this previous one. Haha! *ahem*GMAT review regurgitation*

God is truly gracious and He is good, all the time. No matter what my plans are, His are infinitely better. And that's why I remember why I shouldn't worry -- I am in the center of His perfect will. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? Certainly not I :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...