Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Sneak Peek - Spade from Ready for Rain

I've been so busy ever since I came back from HK this weekend that I haven't even posted my outfits from the trip yet. I had a really good time on my three-day vacation! I'll tell you more about it in the next few days... :)

Well, I came back to lots of emails but the most daunting task that I'm facing now is preparing for our business planning this week. In the middle of swimming in data and charts and directions, I took a happy break last night by looking at the edited photos from the Ready for Rain shoot I styled two weekends ago. Here's a sneak peek at one of my favorite looks:


Janeena is wearing Spade, a preppy striped boot with forest-green trim. When I first saw this boot, I had flashbacks to my first two years in college where I'd wear my uniform t-shirt and jeans. Very, very basic and one-of-the-boys. The inspiration for dressing this boot came from imagining what I'd do differently if I let go of my inhibitions... so I chose a flirty floral dress* to offset the boyish stripes and amped it up with a printed brown and gold necklace. Then I stacked her wrists with chain accessories and finished the look off with a conservative cardigan.

She is so pretty! I'm so glad I got to work with Janeena and the other gorgeous, gorgeous models.

Okay... this was a good, happy break :) Now I'm back to work!

----------
* My frustration when seeing the astounding effect of the dress on Janeena (because it looked nothing like this on me) gave way to pride in having her look this good... which is what a good stylist should be able to do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...