Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Little Risk Won't Kill You

I've always thought of myself as anti-social. Well, after taking several Myers-Briggs Type Indicator tests over the past decade, I have come to accept that I am an introvert. The last one I took scored me 9/10 in favor of introvert. I really have to nudge myself to talk to people, especially those I don't know very well. So when a classmate I haven't seen in over ten years invited me to a class reunion from my old elementary school, I surprised myself by saying yes.

I was going out on a limb here, as the reunion would be held in north Quezon City, unfamiliar territory for me. Simple. I took out my map, traced the route, and chose the easiest one -- via EDSA. Hehe.

Well, all the "unsafe" decisions aside, I felt a little chicken putting on this "safe" non-figure-hugging, non-controversial, classic-print blouse (borrowed from mum - yay), but I think going out of the house was enough excitement for me at this point ;) I did, however, liven things up with my orange heels, which I rarely wore in my first year of possession, but have been slowly breaking into my usual wardrobe.


I realized driving home last night, that I actually do enjoy going out and meeting people and catching up. It's when I'm tired that I get cranky and feel forced to go that I don't enjoy :) Words of wisdom from Dale Carnegie: rest before you get tired. Thankfully, class ended early today so I got to take a 30-minute nap, felt SUPER recharged and a little bit chatty. Wheeeee!

I should do this more often! Get out of the house, I mean... :)

Blouse from Hong Kong. Pants from Uniqlo. Heels from Nine West.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...