Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Beauty in the Strange

Is this a cool blouse or what??

gray blouse/vest/whatchamacallit from Cue
I admit, when my cousin first gave* it to me, the blouse spent two years in the closet, neglected because I didn't quite know what to think of it, much less what to do with it. Then I started psyching myself up to wear it with shorts or skinny jeans... So far though, my favorite way of wearing it is with light, wispy dresses, which I stumbled upon only early this year! Yay! There's nothing wasted in my closet, that's for sure :)



I never would have thought to layer it over anything until I was looking for a jacket to put over a frothy pale pink dress. Today, it's over a sheer Sinequanone dress I found at the thrift store**. Nowadays, I turn to this Cue piece as an ever-dependable structured element to a feminine or soft counterpart. Kind of like a leather jacket, but for the summer / tropics :)

The blouse has a surprise at every corner! There's the square sleeve-hole and the high slit to the waist...


The wrap-around feature, and an asymmetric hem. I offset the otherwise drab color scheme with a dash of red, also in a squarish shape.


The side ties kept the blouse secure all throughout the day. It reminded me I've been lazing around in loose blouses for too long now, as the snugness felt new to me. And also how I've been eating way too much junk food and exercising too little.


The pairing of sheer dress + vest was the perfect combat gear for a humid / breezy day; I didn't feel all too warm or all too cold. Just right, as Goldilocks would say :)

Dress from ukay-ukay, Sinequanone. Vest/blouse from Cue. Pumps from Nine West. Bag from Balenciaga.

----------
* The good thing about being a pack rat / daring dresser is that people are happy to give you clothes they can't fit into anymore. Yay! More cloooooothes!
** One man's trash is another man's treasure! Or in shopaholic terms, one girl's hand-me-down is another's gold mine. Hihi :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...