Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Off to the Market!

My earliest memory of going to the market was going to the Farmers Market with my dad, and there'd be these lady vendors loudly calling out their wares for the day, quickly stuffing money into their aprons. So when I found this beautiful Japanese printed one in a vintage store*, I couldn't pass it up. I knew I'd get a lot of use out of it on errand days like these.

pockets keep lists, petty cash, and pen within reach!
no more groping around my bag...
It was gloriously sunny today, a nice surprise from the usual rain showers this week... and a perfect day to go to Divisoria, the bustling market where one can source all kinds of supplies. When Esel asked me last week if I wanted to go, I jumped at the chance. I've been postponing a trip there, but it was just opportune that I needed to source some office and merchandising supplies.

Would you say I need some filing tools for my work desk? :D


I know, I need serious help! And who better to help me plan out a clean-up strategy than Esel, the organization expert!

Anyway, on to the outfit of the day! I woke up to cool weather but I had an inkling it'd get warmer... I played it safe by layering a light shirt underneath, which would have been alright by itself paired with leggings, but I liked having extra pockets to keep stuff handy. This becomes more crucial when you add the crowd and various vendors trying to catch your attention -- pockets help me keep focused. Does that make sense? ;p

Zara shirt and leggings, quilted bag from Hongkong, Baggu bag
And like a good apron, the straps crisscross at the back, which makes it adjustable whatever shape or size you are. I'm looking forward to have this apron grow old (and fat) with me. Hahaha! Time will only tell if I'll ever learn how to cook, but that's another story...


The apron's long enough to wear with leggings. Halfway through the day, I was wishing I could have worn shorts though**, because it was getting quite warm.


Again, because I couldn't decide whether it would rain or shine that morning, I wore these thin-soled Converse sneakers my cousin Joyce introduced me to. I hardly wear sneakers now, whereas I practically lived in them the first few years of college! Sneakers call for a separate post :)


We had a productive day! We got to buy all the items on our list, and then some. Hihihi. Bought myself some linen blend in one fun color and one safe color to make into trousers.


It'll probably be a few more months until I can work a visit to the tailor into my schedule (and find a good one at that), but I'm excited to see the finished product!

Happy mid-week, everyone! :)

Tshirt from Zara. Apron from ukay-ukay. Leggings from Valleygirl. Sneakers from Converse. Quilted bag from Hong Kong bazaar. Nylon bag from Baggu.
----------
* Locals call this ukay-ukay, a good source of cheap, gorgeous finds.
** Still waiting for my rash scars to disappear but I'm glad to see my skin healing nicely :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...