Sunday, August 14, 2011

Farewell, Peeptoe Heeled Brogues

The people who are close to me know I have a hard time letting go, especially when it comes to my shoes. (Shoes = love) But in the past few years, I've learned to say goodbye to them, after new soles have been stitched back on, heel caps replaced, walls reinforced, etc. etc. Yes, when I really love a pair, I'd do anything to keep it, prolong its life.

Unfortunately, there are some things that I can't get fixed, like peeled PU material. Huhuhu. This is what I get for not airing them out frequently.


Yes, I admit it, I didn't take them out too often. They probably got depressed and decided to shrivel up in the humidity. Here's one last moment of them basking in the daylight...




...before this toss-out. Harsh, I know, but it's gotta be done.


Rest in peace, Ilaya Couture peeptoe heeled brogues. June 13, 2008 - August 14, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...