Sunday, July 17, 2011

How to Hide a Rash, Part 2

On Friday night, while trying my best not to scratch, I was mentally sifting through my closet for pieces that were high-neck, long-sleeved, but didn't make me look like a nun prude grandma.

Enter my dear friend and stylista fairy godmother Esel, who came over in what she calls a casual get-up: shorts (okay, casual enough), sleeveless shirt (still casual), and gray lace cover-up from her mom's 90s closet (uhhh, kind of dressy for a night in). Upon hearing about my predicament, she promptly took off her cover-up and offered me to use it for the meantime. Her recommendation: wear it with skinny jeans, a tank top, and heels to keep me from looking like a grandma.

gray corded lace jacket*
who would've thought it could look so now?


The result: properly dressed and chic for school!

I think my outfit would have looked much better paired with these gorgeous purple-brown pumps:

...but I know I wouldn't be as comfortable running around school and darting into Rockwell for a quick purchase**.

I'm so blessed to have my stylist! Now... how to get through the next few days.

----------
* On second thought, I could probably find a jacket like this in many a grandma's closet... so I do love how Esel can manage to make things look so new and fresh!
** Medicine for my rash, of course not shopping! What are you dear readers thinking? ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...