Tuesday, July 19, 2011

How to Hide a Rash, Part 5

Surprise! I didn't have to wear a veil today! When I woke up this morning, I looked at my arm and gave a breath of praise. It looks ever so slightly improved from what it looked like last night, a good sign considering I can observe marked changes for the worse every few hours for the past week :)

I had a foundation meeting to attend at 9 am and wanted to cover up my neck, so those were my considerations for deciding on today's outfit. I had actually already picked something out last night, but opted for a lighter blouse given the sunny weather outside.

Zara ruffled cotton turtleneck* to hide rash**
pearls to look "proper"
Gap argyle sweater



I've been making extra effort to consume more amounts of healthy foods to flush the nasty toxins out of my body. I looked down at my juice and decided today's theme would be... tanda-tanaaaan! Earth colors! What do you think?

Believe it or not, my green juice is my comfort breakfast food.
It jump starts my day so well, especially when mixed with BarleyGreen!

The color scheme mirrored the gorgeous weather today. Blue skies, white clouds, happy greenery, and the brown dirt which feeds all things. After a few*** tries, I finally got a decent photo.

Oh, matched again with a navy bag and silver studded Zanotti flats!

I can count on one hand the number of times I've worn these brown Mango slacks. I love the relaxed fit but look what our tailor did when I had it hemmed -- it's too short! Now I can only wear it with flats.****

Nevertheless, I'm quite happy with the past few days. So many blessings coming out of this icky rash situation:
1) I finally started a blog on clothes!
2) I'm becoming more creative with my outfits and mixing stuff I usually won't think of.
3) I have more opportunities to revisit old clothes.

----------
* Bought in 2006 during a visit to Spain. I love rediscovering old clothes!
** If you look closely, you can see the spots on my chin.
*** Fifteen, to be exact. Practice makes almost-perfect!
**** Brown/tan slacks have been on my must-buy list for years but still haven't found the perfect one. There were these gorgeous khaki slacks in H&M when I visited last April, but goodness... I didn't want the whole world to see my soul :p The search continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...