Sunday, July 17, 2011

Hello!

Have you ever thrown your hands up in the air and said "I have NOTHING to wear!"?

Well, I have. Countless times. Maybe every other occasion :D

Despite the fact that my clothes have extended their habitat beyond my (very small) closet and onto a wheeled rack, spilling onto the floor and a couch that I've never sat on in the past five years; that my mom shops for me when she goes on trips; that I sometimes borrow clothes from my friends and regularly scour thrift shops for new finds, I honestly have a hard time finding SOMETHING to wear.

Well, I had a big wake-up call from God today* about this not-so-nice mindset of "having nothing to wear". I honestly have a LOT of stuff in my room, and being happy just means being content and creative with what I have.

So my dear readers, I hope you and I will enjoy this ride together. I won't try to be an expert about fashion designers or the latest trends, though I'll try to keep current, but I'll write what I know -- and that's about making do with having "nothing to wear" :)

----------
*Today's Sunday message was on gratitude, and one example of ingratitude flashed on-screen was repeatedly uttering the words "I have nothing to wear!" Oops. Guilty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...